The Town of Millet is looking to hire a one year term full time Operator 1 for the Recreation, Parks and Facilities department. Working under the supervision of the Foreperson, the Operator 1 will work on maintenance and operations of parks, playgrounds, arena, sports fields and facilities. The successful candidate must be able to deal effectively with the public, employees and others in a courteous and tactful manner and act as an ambassador for the Town of Millet.
- 40 hours per week
- This position requires evening and weekend shift work in the winter months.
- Typically Monday to Friday day shifts during the summer months.
- Evening and weekend shifts may be necessary occasionally during the summer months.
Conditions of Employment:
- Class 5 drivers license
- Must be able to lift 25kg
- Must have a criminal record check, vulnerable sector record check and driving abstract meeting the standard established by the Town
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Arena Operator I or II preferred
- Parks Operator I or II preferred
- Zamboni experience would be an asset
Please submit resumes and any questions to:
Lisa Novotny, Director of Development and Infrastructure
The deadline for applying for this opportunity is December 17, 2021.
The Town of Millet wishes to thank all interested applicants, however only those chosen for interviews will be notified.