View All News


October 6 2021

ADVANCED POLLS TODAY 12-6:30pm at the Millet Civic Centre. (Community Hall at south entrance)


Proof of identity and current residence is now required to be able to vote in municipal elections.
Any of the following documents that has your name and address on it will be accepted as valid
 Photo identification issued by a Canadian government or agency, whether federal, provincial
or local;
 Bank/credit card statement or personal cheque;
 Correspondence issued by a school, college or university;
 Government cheque or cheque stub;
 Income/property tax assessment notice;
 Insurance policy or coverage card;
 Letter from a public curator, public guardian or public trustee;
 Pension Plan statement of benefits, contributions or participation;
 Residential lease or mortgage statement;
 Statement of government benefits: e.g. Employment insurance, old-age security, social
assistance, disability support, or child tax benefit;
 Utility bill: e.g. Telephone, public utilities commission, television, electricity, gas or water;
 Vehicle ownership, registration or insurance certificate; or
 A letter or form (attestation) confirming that the person lives at the stated address. The letter
can be signed by any of the following:
 authorized representative of a commercial property management company;
 authorized representative of a correctional institution;
 authorized representative of a First Nations band or reserve;
 authorized representative of a post-secondary institution;
 authorized representative of a facility that provides services to the homeless; or
 authorized representative of a supportive living facility or treatment centre;
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I don’t have any photo ID like a driver’s license?
 It doesn’t matter. Just bring anything else you have from the above list that has your
name and address on it.
Do I need more than one document?
 No, only one document with your name and address is needed. *
What if all of my documents have a post office box address?
 That is ok. As long as it makes sense that a person in your voting subdivision or ward
would have a post office box at your mailing address, it will be accepted. The post office
box doesn’t have to be in your voting subdivision or ward – just reasonably close by.
I used to have to sign a form to say that I am eligible. Do I still have to sign that form?
 Yes, you will still have to sign the Statement of Elector Eligibility as well as provide one of
the above documents that contains your name and address.
What if I don’t have any accounts or documents in my own name?
 Have your landlord, facility, or organization manager sign a letter or form (attestation) to
confirm your address, and bring it with you to the voting station. Your municipality may
have a form that you can use, so check with them. You will have to do this before you
come to vote, so plan ahead.

Prev Next